What a weekend!

After a whirlwind of a weekend, we are all moved, unpacked, and settled...well for the most part! Many thanks to everyone who helped us move! Carol and the kids helped pack (we assigned the breaking down of boxes to Ross' 6 and 3 year old nephews...it was pretty cute) Thursday night. Ross and I picked up the U-haul Friday morning (yes, we upgraded from a 10' truck to a 17' truck...everyone should know better by now than to put Robyn in charge of spatial reasoning tasks - such as getting an appropriately sized U-haul for example). Then Sharon and Erin came over bright and early to help pack. We were loaded up and on our way by about 1:00 and unloaded into the house by about 4:30. Phew! Joel came over Friday night to "christen" the house with Ross. While we waited for Joel, we unpacked.



By Saturday morning, almost the entire downstairs was unpacked and arranged. My parents came out on Sunday so we made the house as presentable as possible...they donated a washer and dryer to our cause (thanks Mom and Dad!!!) They also gifted us several things for our new house...we now OFFICIALLY have a fire extinguisher (Ross says thank you). My Mom and I painted my window for Christmas too. I'll post a picture as soon as I can...I think Mr. Mouse looks a little special...or drunk...or maybe both. I'll let you decide! :)


As I said before...it was quite the weekend. It's good to be all settled and done though! We go back one more time to the apartment and clean it all out, give back the keys, and become official Tillamookians. (Yes, you heard me right, I said Tillamookians).

I think it's time for a nap now.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP